- Kyle turned ONE a month ago and I still haven't taken his one year pics...my bad. :)
- I DO NOT HAVE LYME DISEASE!!! I had a false positive since I had Lyme when I was 18. I still had the antibodies in my blood, thus the positive test results. However, my Dr. in San Antonio asked if they had done further blood work to confirm the Lyme was still active. He told me about a "Western Blot" test that I should have had done at the same time as the antibody test. Well...the Doctor who told me I had Lyme disease (a doctor in Sonora..about 20 miles away from Eldo) ALSO did the western blot test...and it was NEGATIVE. I asked his nurse to fax me all of my labs for the Dr. in San Antonio and when I looked over them it was very obvious that my western blot was negative. I immediately called the Doctor's office in Sonora to ask WHY they didn't go over those test results and realize that my Western Blot was negative. Guess what? I haven't heard back from them. Imagine that. The good news is, I don't have Lyme disease. I am so pumped about that. I am now being treated for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have known for years that I had the symptoms of that and I am pretty stinking excited about the opportunity to overcome it and live a healthy life -- rather than give into it and surrender to a life of pain and fatigue!! So far I have lost about 30 pounds and would like to lose about 30 more. That is a huge jump start to knocking this junk out of my body. It's a commitment for life -- healthy eating is essential to dealing with Fibromyalgia and CFS. I look forward to a life of health and wellness!! I am still seeing the Doctor in San Antonio and have absolutely NO plans of returning to the Doctor here in Sonora. I started a liver detox today that will be rather unpleasant but totally worth it. That lasts about a month. Then I start the overall detox and I will be having to drive to San Antonio twice a week for a month. Dr. Hernandez (in San Antonio) condensed 3 months of treatment into one month and lowered the price from $15,000 to $5,000. It's a long story....but I have already received the $5,000 from a very generous Aunt of mine. :) Hallelujah!!! We just have to come up with the money for gas (will probably be about $1200) and the money for my supplements (probably about $1500). The expense so far has been overwhelming but the Lord is providing, I am thrilled to say!! He is faithful, that's for sure. I am learning so much through this experience about the character of God. I'll blog on that soon.
- Pray for my parents. Check out this website: www.americanfamilyreunion.org
- Cara is here for about 3 weeks and I AM SO EXCITED!! You can read up on her at http://unreachedpeeps.blogspot.com
- Ryan and Sarah seem to be doing alright -- I believe last week was the last week of classes for this semester for Ryan, and I assume Sarah has several more weeks. I would link you to their blog but, well, they haven't exactly updated it since August. :)
- I saved the best for last. Sylas has been amazing through all of this sickness stuff. You know that part about "In sickness and in health"?? Well, Sylas hasn't really ever experience the "In Health" part -- but he will SOON!! But he has certainly loved me in my sickness. I feel like we're a team and we're fighting this together. I am overwhelmed with his desire to provide for our family financially and physically and emotionally through all of this. He is ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get me WELL -- and we are looking forward to the fruit of our labor. You can read up on him at http://sylaspo.blogspot.com
Monday, May 05, 2008
What's Up in Eldo?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YEA!!! I am so glad I am able to view your site again. Thanks for hooking me up! Again, IT was soooo good to see you last weekend! You look great! Glad you are on your way to feeling good!--Jenn
Praise the Lord Shea!! What great news! Is the doc you are seeing in SA a natural healing kind of doc? I am checking into it for my stomach. Can you, Cara, and I meet for lunch soon???
Great post, Shea! Encouraging news!
Let's share "how to cook healthy" ideas soon. I always need ideas. :)
Love you!!!!
Shea,
I was so excited when I read this post. I am excited to hear the good news about the lyme disease...NONE!!! And it is encouraging to see your outlook on things. Life does get expensive and we have been bombarded with money stuff lately, but the Lord is good and even if it means things are tight he is growing us through that. Amen!
And that is great about the healthy lifestyle turn around. I think the Lord is teaching you a lot about that and glorifying Him with our bodies as well. Praise the Lord!
I miss you Shea. Please come visit us and Ryan & Sarah....PLEASE!!!
I am spirred on by you sister. I want to be healthy and have had a recent scare with my blood pressure. I found out by a nurse that i am actually doing really well, but with all my dad's history...I need to start loosing. Love ya girl and keep me accountable to this.
Shea, you have spirred me on. I desperately need to loose weight and realized this when I had a recent scare with my blood pressure. I need to get healthier especially since my dad has a long history. Pray for me and keep me to it would ya?
YIPPY SKIPPY!!
I am so glad for you. I just think your SWELL!
Post a Comment