Forget the cake, let's blow the horn!! I'm ONE!
Here Ty, we know you will eat it!
Yay! I survived my first year!!
Ok, I am still awake and I guess I better go ahead and post about Kyle's first birthday. It was today and, poor guy, he had a rough day. He woke up with fever and we just gave him ibuprofen all day. I think he's getting his eye teeth and I'm sure it's painful. Poor guy!Anyway, we made a cake and opened presents this evening. It was simple but appropriate. Nevermind that for Jacob's first birthday we had a party with people driving in from 100's of miles away, a custom-designed cake and all the coordinating accessories and hundreds of dollars worth of gifts. For Kyle, we called a couple friends about 5pm to see if they wanted to come over for pizza and cake....and we certainly didn't want/need any gifts!! Oh well...I'm sure he'll never know!

Here he is with the birthday cards he got in the mail today from A
unt Dayle and Uncle Jerry, and Aunt Carye and Uncle Jim!! He was surprisingly ecstatic about the cards!! He also got a book from Dayle and Jerry about Daniel in the Lions Den. Jacob showed off his new reading skills.
unt Dayle and Uncle Jerry, and Aunt Carye and Uncle Jim!! He was surprisingly ecstatic about the cards!! He also got a book from Dayle and Jerry about Daniel in the Lions Den. Jacob showed off his new reading skills.Opening presents was a new thing for Kyle. His big brothers opened all his Christmas presents. But I was ready to fight for his right to open his first birthday presents. So,after about 30 minutes of studying and checking things out, Kyle finally unwrapped his first gift!! Thank goodness, he only had 2! He's very inquisitive and fun to watch. I can't wait until he can communicate with words -- I'm sure I'll have many questions to answer. I can almost see his brain growing!!

Once he figured out that there was a toy inside, we had to stop and clap!
8 comments:
The pictures are great and go well with your "story" line!! I can just see it all with how well you described it!! YEA!! Kyle is 1!!! :-) I did not know that his and Kayla's b-day are in the same month - I guess I was just not thinking!!! LOVE the clapping picture by the way and the one that he looks like is concentrating so hard!!!
Shea,
These posts were great! I can't believe Kyle is already 1! Time flies by so fast, I wish I could slow it down but just on the kids! It looks like all of you had a blast on the ski trip, I laughed pretty hard when I saw Ty licking the snow! Its a glimpse into my future! I bet you were freaking out when he did that! Jacob's pictures should be on a brochure, they would make anyone want to take their kids skiing. We've been praying for ya'll & I really hope to see you soon! Miss you guys so much!
Shea--LOVE the birthday party! How great! I am sure Kyle will love the memories (or if he doesn't remember as well as Jacob, at least looking at the fun pictures later in life:)) I must admit I am excited about our baby's first birthday party. Although we always said we will never be the extreme parents who go crazy with bday parties, watch your mail in about a year and 4 months for a mega extreme invite. :) And I actually said the other day, "If we have a girl, I want to make the butterfly cake for her first party"--am I insane or what? Also, David is sure that we will never buy our kids any toys--since everyone else seems to do that for you. It sure is easy to say all these things now! Remind me of that this time next year! Anyways, this is the longest post in history--but, great job on great birthday parties for your kiddos!
Shea I love you and all your mommy-ing skills! Happy bday to Kyle! How quickly it comes and goes! I think we should get together real soon! Are you going to Tiffany's wedding next weekend? Love you friend!
I can't believe Kyle is already a year old! Wow! He's a cutie:)(Jacob and Ty are cuties as well!)
So sad i missed it. Shea, your family is so precious. I have wanted to come out there so bad. We do need to do lunch or something very soon. I love you tons.
A year. It seems that he was just a baby not too long ago. Where does the time go. Glad to hear things are going well.
SHEA! Love the pictures and birthday party! Kyle is getting SO cute and like a big kid! Miss you guys and wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment