Saturday, November 01, 2008

Guess Who Called Me??

BETH MOORE.
So the last several weeks of my life have been the hardest of my life so far. And the Lord has faithfully used His saints to walk me through it....and one in particular was Beth Moore. Last week I told Sylas that I wanted the opportunity to tell her someday what her service to the Lord has provided me. Then I prayed that the Lord would give me that opportunity.
So here's the story:
Today's the last day of YMCA football games and they're in Junction. I'll admit, I'm so DONE with football - usually about this time I feel the urge to throw out everything having to do with football in our home -- and that list would include but is not limited to: football plates, football spoons, football cups, football brownies, football muffin cups, football helmets, cleats, pads, pants, jerseys, t-shirts, fantasy football, football stadium bundt pan, footBALLS. Anyway, Sylas took Jacob and Ty this morning to Junction for the last day of games. So I'm rejoicing because we can finally put this 'season' behind us for awhile. (Nevermind high school, college and NFL). Well, enter DEER season. Today is opening day. That means there are men dressed up as hunters everywhere - and it's not their halloween costume!! Well if you know anything about hunting in Texas, Junction is one of the best places to be on opening day. So Sylas coaches the first game at 10:30 and then heads to Sunshine Cafe in Junction for lunch with Ty and Jacob and Kade Creek. While he's eating there, I get a phone call that went something like this:
Sylas: Hey babe, where does Beth Moore live?
Me: Houston
Sylas: Could she possibly be in Junction?
Me: I don't know do you see her???
Sylas: Is she really thin with a kind of pointy nose? There's a lady here who looks just like her.
Me: YES
Sylas: Is her husband a hunter?
Me: YES
Sylas: Ok, I'll go see if that's her. I'll call you back.

Then I went into a dissertation of what I wanted Sylas to tell her for me if it was, in fact, Beth Moore. He said "Ok" and I was just certain he didn't hear anything I had just said. So, I waited just long enough to begin to think there's no way Beth Moore could be in Junction. Then my phone rings. It says SYLAS on the ID....but here's how the conversation started:
Me: Hello
HER: Shea?
Me: (voice quivering) yes...
HER: This is Beth Moore honey how are you?
Me...I'll spare you all the verbage of what I really said but let's just say I went into a spirit-filled exhortation of her ministry and told her what she has meant to me and how I desire to do what she does -- all through tears and holding back my desire to giggle the way Ty did as he went through all his halloween candy last night.
I don't remember all the exact words Beth said but she assured me of God's love for me and she DEFINITELY called me 'Sweet one.' :)
I'm overwhelmed today with the goodness of God in the land of the living. The Lord has done great things for me, and I am filled with JOY. He has kept my foot from slipping, and answered my cry as I looked to him as the eyes of a servant looks to her master. He has brought me out of a horrible pit, lifted me up and given me a firm place to stand. He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise unto my God. I pray that many will hear it and trust in the Lord. And now I wait with anticipation -- great anticipation -- to see what the Lord has for the Politte family. I wait for the Lord more than the watchmen for the morning. He is faithful, He is good. And with Him is abundant redemption. To GOD be the glory.

12 comments:

Cara Arnold said...

Wow...who would have thought! What a blessing from the Lord to be able to tell her everything you wanted to tell her! God is so good! Now I think I know why you texted me to call you as soon as I could!!

OhK-Booth said...

Sweet! I love ya girl and want to catch up soon.

Cami said...

This is SOOO cool! What an encouragement for you and I am sure for Beth Moore to hear first hand about the impact her ministry has had on you! I also absolutely love how Sylas described her....too funny!!

Anonymous said...

shea! that is awesome! you are definitely the one person i know that i could see doing the same kind of ministry that she does!! i love you and miss you!

Brittney said...

That is so great Shea!! What an encouragement and answered prayer. I would love to tell her the same too! I am praying to get to hug that Momma's neck one day and say thank you. Have a fantastic week.

acpawelek said...

Hello Shea! I just read your post and I think it is SO great. I can't believe she was in Junction! I am from Junction. Actually my nephew Chandler probably played Jacob on Saturday. I have really been blessed by some of Beth Moore's studies in the last two years. God is so good and cares for us so much that he would orchestrate that whole thing so she could call you and encourage you..so neat! Hope you guys are doing ok! Abby Pawelek (Moss)

acpawelek said...

I may have posted two comments...my screen froze. :)

Unknown said...

My mom told me yesterday to check out your blog.....WOW! that's awesome!

Jamie Butts said...

Sorry no one commented yet. :) I did read it, and I thought it was pretty neat. It's nice to be able to say THANK YOU to those who have ministered to us, especially when we never think we'll have the opportunity. I'd love to have lunch with Piper, the Mahaneys, Mohler, Elizabeth Elliot, etc. I think I'd just cry the whole time though. :)

Kristi said...

Hi, I went to school with Sylas. You family is beautiful and I cant wait to hear more about them! Tell Sylas Kristi said hi!

Caleb Kolstad said...

SHEA!! my long lost friend- it's Andrea Kolstad- I found you on Dave and Kristy's sight! My heart is full to have seen your pics and hear about the Lord in your life!! Your boys are precious!!! We live in Freeport, IL and Caleb is a Sr pastor our/his blog is http://preacherboy316.blogspot.comI will be checking your blog now and hopefully we can keep in touch- I need your address!! LOVE YOU! He is GOOD!! andrea<><

L a u r a said...

How awesome is that? I love Beth Moore!

I'm Nici van der Merwe's USA mom. I think I still have pictures of you at Nici's BDay party at our home! You have a beautiful family, a wonderful blog, and you are very blessed.

Peace and blessings...