I have waited WAY too long to introduce you to the newest member of the Minnesota Twins!! He's an amazing pitcher, an incredible batter, and is even able to bat left OR right handed!!!! Quick story -- Jacob played catcher (as you can see below)and pitcher his first game. After the game, we were home talking about it and Sylas goes "Jacob, what was your favorite position that you played tonight?" Jacob's response "Ampire!"

I will do my best to show you the highlights of a typical Eldorado T-Ball game:

First time up to bat!--A Swing and a HIT!!!!

Jacob's On first...and Mommy eyes are overflowing with tears....I can't help it!!!!Ok, you gotta hear this story. There was a ground squirrel on the field. It ran across the field and stopped right between the third base line and the dugout. Jacob was on second, his buddy Michael was on first, and Mason was up to bat. Mason couldn't care less about the ground squirrel -- he's a country boy and he sees that stuff all the time. So he smacks the ball. That means Jacob runs to third, and then his coach sends him home. Well, remember where the ground squirrel was???? Jacob was totally distracted by the opportunity to study this animal on his way to home plate. So much so, that Michael caught up with him. It was SO FUNNY. Notice Jacob in the first picture looking back at the squirrel while Michael runs full speed ahead. They basically crossed home plate at the same time. I'm LOVING Tee-Ball. These kiddos are precious -- there aren't words to describe the joy it brings to a Mom's heart to see your child run across home plate!! I love how Jacob looks into the stands to make sure I saw his "Home Run." :)

Check out that tongue hangin' out!!


5 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait for Tee-Ball!
Shea, those pictures with the story are absolutely priceless. I am missing you girly and praying for you. Maybe I can make it out that direction sometime soon.
Precious!!
How creative!! You should write books...=)
How creative!! You should write books...=)
Post a Comment