Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's been too long...

Well first I will officially apologize. It has been way TOO long since I blogged. It's certainly not because I haven't had anything to blog about...but rather because I haven't even had time to upload our latest pics of our boys...much less write something intelligent on our blog! Ty has turned 3, I have his 3rd Birthday pics coming soon. We had a fun Buzz Lightyear party which was a big hit among the town's 3 year old population. Sylas was in charge of entertainment so you can imagine how fun it was.

Ty's birthday party was just a few hours after Voddie Bauchom spoke at the High School here and over 200 people attended. It was amazing. God is so faithful -- this was a vision that Sylas had over a year ago. It took a year to plan it because when they began the meetings, Voddie didn't have any open dates for an entire year! Anyway all the work, planning, praying and preparing paid off. My heart rejoiced with the Truth that he preached. I only wish he could have stayed longer.

Kyle turns "6 months" old in 2 days!! I can't believe it! Jacob is absolutely loving preschool and he thinks that next month he goes to preschool. You can keep one of his teachers in your prayers...Mrs. Rojas. Her daughter was pregnant and had her baby yesterday -- at 25 weeks. He weighed less than two pounds and was airlifted to San Antonio after his birth. We are praying that he will come through this but they have given him a 50/50 chance of survival. That doesn't sound too promising...almost pointless to say it...50/50?? What hope does that give? Oh well, we know Who's decision it is so we are asking Him to bring that baby through this. It's a miracle that he even made it through the birth (they gave him a 3% chance of living through that). Anyway, keep them in your prayers. Sylas had the privilege of being invited into the NICU by the family (they are Catholic) to pray over the baby and then to pray over the mother.

We have some other very serious situations here in Eldo right now as well. Please pray for us as we counsel. I have an insatiable desire to know more of the Word of God -- a greater desire than I've ever had in my life. So I am learning to balance that with my other duties and delights. :) Jay Adams, John MacArthur and David Powlison have really helped me out with nouthetic counseling...not to mention Sylas Politte and Ryan Bebee.
Well, I guess I better head over to Wednesday night church. Sylas said there were 50 kids at the pole this morning so that's exciting. Hopefully they will be here tonight to hear the Word of God preached by my gifted husband.

1 comment:

Kari Plevan said...

Shea,

We miss y'all! Thanks for posting. Send me an e-mail sometime soon!

I'm jealous that Ryan and Sarah are flying back to TX as I write this and fixin to get to spend tons of fun time with y'all and all of your fam. Christmas needs to get here quick! ;)