Monday, July 09, 2007

Ty's Little Eye

I have decided that this whole blog thing, coupled with myspace, facebook, weather radar and email, could potentially become a colossal waste of time. Although these days I don't have much free time so I have to use it wisely. I must admit I watch the weather radar and 'loop' it (animate it?? I don't know how to explain it...) between 3-4 times a day. Ryan shares the obsession, though, so I'm not alone.

OK, now that confessional is over, I must update you on our crazy little Tyman. He has a bite below his left eye and it has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of days. The first picture is from Sunday (day one) and the second is from earlier this evening. We've been asking him what happened...Last night, the story was "I got bit by a monster....in the backyard...and he looked like a mosquito." Then yesterday after church he told us that the church nursery lady "flicked him" and then spanked him. (Never would have happened) The best story, however, was today when he said "Um, it was the bears. They bit me on Monday night." He's hilarious. I'm not laughing at this point, however, because his eye is swelling rapidly and I am counting down to his dr's appt. at 9 in the morning.

I'll give an update tomorrow after the doctor.

I'll leave you with a pic of my hysterical husband who decided to 'ride bikes' this evening. I said "How many bikes do you plan on riding?" He didn't think it was funny. Especially because he got a flat tire about 30 seconds into it. HA! ;)


4 comments:

Kari Plevan said...

Shea,

Ok, I love all of your pictures! And in that first picture, Ty looks a lot like Jacob...maybe that's just me, but I think so. What a great set of Politte brothers!!

Ok, so your comment on my blog...thanks for the kind blog encouragement :) And, are y'all seriously coming up here? I knew your parents were coming with the trailer to move Ryan and Sarah, are y'all coming too? Or later in August? Oh, that'd be so great!!! Once you know, tell me when, I can't wait to see you!

Ryan Bebee said...

Shea,
If God is in total control over the weather than I think we are completely justified in watching it carefully.
Ty is a chicken nugget and Sylas is my hero. Can I get a copy of his "Prayers of a Purpose Driven 300 lb. Dad Bringing Up Boys"? And do you have to be 300 pounds for it to apply to your parenting? Just wondering. Love you Shea and I miss those boys.

Amy said...

Poor Tyman! He would match Aaron right now! Aaron decided to kamakaze into the door frame Sunday night, taking a chunk out of the door frame, and leaving a trail of blood down the hall. Now, he has a big puffed up lip and is very upset b/c his pacifier doesn't fit quite right in his mouth anymore. Let us know how Ty is. That would make me nervous too!

catherine shea politte said...

TY is great now -- he's on oral antibiotics to fight the infection. The Dr. did say that if he got any worse we would have to put him in the hospital overnight for IV antibiotics. I can't imagine what that would be like....

But he seems to be improving quickly so we're very thankful for that!!