I will close with the quote but for now I figured you might all want an update on our family of FIVE.
Kyle is doing amazingly well, considering Ty tries to squeeze every inch of his body at some point during each day. We are on 24/7 bodyguard duty when it comes to little Kyle!! I don't remember having to do that when Ty was born... :) 
Jacob is going to start Pre-K in 5 weeks (but who's counting?)!!
He has a Pre-K wardrobe that is growing rapidly and tonight after his bath I heard him bragging to Ty "I'm going to PRE-K! I'm going to PRE-K" A few months ago I received a letter announcing the Pre-K objectives. I am happy to announce that Jacob has already mastered all ten of them. Let's pray he doesn't get bored and get into trouble.

Sylas is doing well now that things are finally slowing down a bit.

He was gone for a week at Pre-Teen camp in Abilene and then Kyle and I went with him to Youth Camp at Glorieta while my parents and Ryan and Sarah kept Jacob and Ty. Then we high-tailed it to Liberty Hill because we were both having withdrawals from missing the boys so much. We were thrilled to see them, and we spent the next 5 days celebrating July 4th with the Bebee family minus Cara. You can read about what she was doing here. You also might be interested to know about the american family reunion that my dad is heading up.
As for me, well, I'm trying to hold things together. Sylas and I make a good team with this parenting of 3 boys. It has it's moments when I think we'll never make it through the next few hours...but most of the time I'm overwhelmed with the understanding that we are blessed exceedingly abundantly above all we could ever ask for or imagine. I am also reading a book called The Joy of a Word Filled Family. It is so informative and encouraging. I am thankful for a husband who values this virtue so highly and supports my desires to discipline and teach according to the Word of God. So I will now close with a piece from the first Bible printed in Scotland in 1576:
Here is the spring where waters flow,
To quench our heat of sin:
Here is the tree where truth doth grow,
To lead our lives therein:
Here is the judge that stints the strife,
When men's devices fail:
Here is the bread that feeds the life
That death cannot assail.
The tidings of salvation dear,
Comes to our hears from hence:
The fortress of our faith is here,
And shield of our defense.
Then be not like the swine that hath
A pearl at his desire,
And takes more pleasure from the trough
And wallowing in the mire.
Read not this book in any case,
But with a single eye:
Read not but first desire God's grace,
To understand thereby.
Pray still in faith with this respect,
To bear good fruit therein,
That knowledge may bring this effect,
To mortify your sin.
Then happy you shall be in all your life,
What so to you befalls:
Yes, double happy you shall be,
When God by death you calls.
No comments:
Post a Comment