OK, here's the story of the week at the Po House:
Last Monday on our way back to Eldorado from Liberty Hill, I was stressed out and flustered because Kyle cried off and on almost the entire way home. He's attached to his Daddy and doesn't understand that I was TRYING to reunite them!!! Anyway, we stopped at Dairy Queen in Menard and I decided to cheat on my diet -- BIG time. I don't remember the last time I had ice cream, much less a Blizzard...so I ordered one. I must say that Ty, Kyle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even care that Kyle was in his diaper and a nasty shirt with no shoes and Ty was shoeless as well. I won't say what people probably thought about my parenting. :)
Last Monday on our way back to Eldorado from Liberty Hill, I was stressed out and flustered because Kyle cried off and on almost the entire way home. He's attached to his Daddy and doesn't understand that I was TRYING to reunite them!!! Anyway, we stopped at Dairy Queen in Menard and I decided to cheat on my diet -- BIG time. I don't remember the last time I had ice cream, much less a Blizzard...so I ordered one. I must say that Ty, Kyle and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even care that Kyle was in his diaper and a nasty shirt with no shoes and Ty was shoeless as well. I won't say what people probably thought about my parenting. :)
That's the background to what happened today:
I have been watching FOX news more than ever before because I'm a little obsessed with McCain/Palin. I secretly want to be Sarah Palin. :) Ty came in the living room and saw the hurricane Ike coverage. They were showing people boarding up a Dairy Queen in South Texas. Ty said: "Mom, that's where we stopped and you got ice cream."
I said: "You're right, Ty, I shouldn't have eaten that -- you should tell me next time NO, Mom!!!"
Ty said: "Mom, Jesus taked that sin away"
I said: "Ty, how do you know that?"
He said: "Because I can hear Jesus and He told me".... a few seconds pass "And because I'm so smart"
Isn't God good? :) We're aiming for a Cross-centered childhood for these three boys. God is Faithful!!
3 comments:
So precious! I love you girl! And I am not sure why I am using so many exclamation points!!! HeeHee. Can't wait to see you in a month.
Love these precious stories!
Shea--Love that picture. Thanks for the post on our blog. That is hilarious about Sarah Palin--I would vote for you!!! You do kind of look like her... hmmm...
Post a Comment